VICA is Hiring!
Apply today by emailing a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter why you want to join VICA and why you think you would be a good fit. In the subject line, please include the Position Title - Your Name.
Membership & Development Manager - Position Opening
Position: Membership & Development Manager
Reports To: President/CEO and Vice President
Come and join the San Fernando Valley's premier advocacy organization. VICA is the largest business organization in the valley and we have been serving the San Fernando Valley since 1949 - celebrating 70 years of service.
Job Description: The Membership & Development Manager is an “at-will” salaried and commissioned sales position. The Membership Manager shall be responsible for recruiting new members, retention, selling sponsorships and advertising and developing a strong membership program and ambassador committee.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Selling new memberships ranging from $660 - $40,000 per year
- Retention of members (both keeping those members that have already joined, as well as reselling to those that have dropped)
- Maintaining excellence in customer service for increased member retention
- Prospecting for new members by identifying and qualifying new leads
- Conducting both field and telephone presentations to prospective new members
- Coordinating the organization’s ambassador committee
- Selling sponsorships, advertising packages to VICA events and publications
- We are hoping that this person will take the lead in establishing and implementing a strategy for new member outreach and solicitation and current member retention. The strategy should be developed in collaboration with the Pres/VP and membership committee and presented to the Exec Committee as a recommendation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and produce a large quantity of accurate, high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with VICA volunteers and staff at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet research
The Membership & Development Manager shall receive an annual base salary of $46,000 yearly and commissions of up to 30%. An ambitious person could easily make between $70,000 - $100,000 with new member/sponsorships/renewals.
Excellent Benefits Package including: employer covers 100% of Medical/Dental/Vision premiums, Paid Vacation (Years 1-2: 10 days, Years 3-5: 15 days, etc.), 11 Paid Holidays, and 12 Paid Sick Days, Retirement Investment Plan with Employer Matching, Life Insurance, Mileage and a small expense account for meetings with members.
VICA is widely considered one of the most influential business advocacy organizations in Southern California. With its knowledge of the legislative process and economic issues, VICA's access to public officials ensures that the San Fernando Valley's business perspective will be heard in the interest of improving our business climate and quality of life. With input and guidance from its members, VICA maintains a regular presence at all levels of government to effectively represent Valley businesses. For more information, visit www.vica.com.
Apply today by emailing a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com . Please include in your cover letter why you want to join VICA and why you think you would be a good fit. In the subject line, please include Membership Manager Position.